Trash, Yard Waste, and Recycling Pick-up
March 5, 2021 by Lisa Riner
Trash pick-up Mondays
Yard Waste pick-up Tuesdays April-December (see guidelines below)
Recycling pick-up Thursdays (see guidelines below)
Please put all items out for pickup the night before. Apple Valley Waste comes very early in the morning! If a pickup day falls on a holiday or there is inclement weather, the items will be picked up the following day.
Yard Waste Guidelines
- Must be in brown paper biodegradable bags
- No more than 35 pounds per bag
- Small shrubs, leaves, grass clippings are allowed.
- Shrubs/small sticks that do not fit into a bag can’t be any longer than 4 feet, 2 inches in diameter, and must be bundled together
- Label any cans or bins that may be used as “yard waste”
- Place acceptable recyclables inside the red recycling cart provided by Apple Valley Waste.
- Place your cart at the curb in front of your house the evening before your collection day.
- Make sure that all items are free from food debris. Food contaminated products will not be accepted.
- If your cart is contaminated with unacceptable items it will not be serviced.
- Any additional recyclables can be placed in clear trash bags and placed beside recycle container marked “recycle”. Do not use your own plastic container to set out recyclables.
- Magazines and phone books (catalogs and soft cover books)
- Newspaper (inserts and brochures)
- File folders and office paper (all colors)
- Mail and greeting cards (junk mail and envelopes)
- Corrugated cardboard (boxes, paper bags and beverage holders, flattened and broken down)
- Paperboard boxes (cereal, pasta, and tissue)
- Paper cartons (milk, juice, and egg)
- Plastic containers (#1 through #7)
- Metal cans (aluminum, tin, and foil)
Items Not Accepted
- Glass bottles
- Plastic bags
- Window glass
- Light bulbs
- Dishes (including pyrex and ceramics)
- Paper towels and facial tissue
- Recyclable containers that have not been emptied or rinsed
- Hazardous materials and medical waste
- Electronic waste including VCR tapes, CDs, and DVDs
- Scrap metal
- Pots or pans